Welcome to the website hosted by Church Unlimited.
Church Unlimited is primarily a church with many locations and is registered as a charity under the Charities Acts (2008) in New Zealand as West City Christian Centre Trust. This Trust incorporates all Church Unlimited Campuses and their respective activities, Running with Fire, New Zealand and Beyond, Uk and Beyond, referred to collectively in this document as “The Church”.
By continuing to browse and use our websites you are accepting the terms and conditions of use as itemized below:
The types of information we collect and keep:
- Your personal details (name, contact information – address, telephone number, email, age, etc)
- Information about your family, spouse, children (to provide services, programmes for children and their families)
- Donation history
- Attendance at events or small groups
- Pastoral details
- Photos and video footage from church events
Why we collect personal information?
- To provide the service for which the information is collected for eg an event, or a product
- To perform our role as a caring church community who seek to encourage, nurture those who profess faith in Jesus Christ, share information about our church services, activities and faith; to communicate with our volunteer teams and maintain the smooth flow of information and data to all our churches, pastors, congregations and communities.
How we collect personal information:
We will collect personal information only with your knowledge and consent. You may share your information with us when you
- Make enquiries
- Register for an event
- Join a serving team
- Fill in a new person’s form
- This gathering of information may take place through the website, social media, face to face interaction with our pastors or volunteers, filling in a paper or online form, or visiting at any of our locations or events.
We will endeavour to ensure whenever you share your personal information with us, that we get your consent to store it and only use it for the agreed purposes. If you do not give us consent we will not keep your information.
How we use personal information
- We will use it for the purposes you have shared it with us
- To contact you
- Provide a service to you
- To maintain contact
- For pastoral purposes
- For church administration
- Any other purpose that is required by law (eg donor tax receipts)
We will not use your information
- For any purpose that is not in keeping with the ministries of Church Unlimited
- To share with any third parties without your consent.
Accessing, correcting, removing Personal Information
We want to keep your information correct and up to date. You can contact us at any time to
- Update your information
- Request access to your information
- Have your details removed from lists, emails or contact
If you want your personal information removed from our systems and do not want to be contacted please use the opt-out options that are available in our email communications to you and/or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org confirming which details you want removed. We may contact you to confirm your identity before completing your request.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected or deleted. Please email us at email@example.com to do this. We will respond to requests for deletion within 30 days. Whilst you have the right to request information about you to be deleted we will endeavour to comply with this request unless the information is required to be kept for other legal reasons such as financial information (under New Zealand law financial records are to be kept for 7 years).
Sensitive personal information that is not longer required will be removed after two years.
Information concerning children.
Personal information about children (0-14 years old) will only be retained in our systems when that information has the consent of the child’s caregiver. Information collected regarding a child is solely for the purposes of running our children’s programs. Information such as health or medical issues is on a need to know basis only for the purpose of keeping children safe in our care.
Filling parent/caregiver consent forms are important tools that help us to provide responsible care and protection for all children.
Sensitive Personal Information:
Some of our ministries, activities, programmes may require us to collect personal health information (such as your medical condition to determine the level of care or eligibility to participate in certain activities). When collecting personal health information we will obtain your consent and explain how the information will be used (eg prayer requests). We will not use personal health information beyond the consent provided unless further consent is obtained. We will not hold personal health information longer than the activity/service requires.
We will only collect information on religion as relates to your relationship with the Christian faith and the purposes of the Church. Such information as deciding to embrace the Christian faith, water baptism, church attendance and other faith related matters.
You may request that you be dealt with anonymously, provided that it is lawful and practicable. We will try to accommodate any request for anonymity wherever possible, however we not that in some circumstances, this may prevent us from practically and effectively communicating with you.
From time to time we will use media images from our events on our websites, in our social media communications and publicity. Wherever possible we will seek to obtain consent from the individuals concerned to use their image. If a image appears on our websites and does nto have your consent or you wish it to be removed, please contact us and we will immediately take down that image.
Securing Personal Information:
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information and to respect the privacy of the people we connect with. We seek to protect the information we hold from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, destruction, modification or disclosure. Personal information will be kept only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected for.
We hold all personal data in a number of secure electronic systems, including
- Planning Center – Planning Center is GDPR compliant is the database for UK and Beyond. See https://planning.center/gdpr.
- MailChimp handles our emails https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Payments, donations and contributions collected through the website or online are through the following systems. You can access their privacy policies for further information
- Stripe. Stripe is our payment portal for UK and Beyond and is GDPR compliant. See https://stripe.com/nz/privacy
- Payment Express
All systems are password protected and access is structured and limited to staff and key volunteers..
Any paper based information is stored in a secure system. Forms etc are disposed off via a secured document destruction process.
Non personal information:
Visits to our websites are recorded and logged. The following data is collected anonymously (via Cookies) and supplied by the Service User’s browser;
- IP address and/or domain name
- Operating system (type of browser and platform)
- Date, time and length of the visit to the website
- Resources accessed and the documents downloaded or listened to
This information is used to compile statistical information about the use of our website. It is not used for any other purposes. If you do not want cookies to be used, please adjust your browser settings to disable them.
Links to other websites:
We adhere to the Privacy Act of New Zealand 1993 and make every effort to protect, maintain and respect the privacy and confidentiality of every individual we connect with.
We will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection as detailed in the GDPR (EU, 25 May 2018)
Data Controller and Data Processors:
Church Unlimited is both a local church and a church movement based in Auckland, New Zealand. As such Church Unlimited West Auckland is the head office of Church Unlimited and its ministries New Zealand and Beyond, Running with Fire and UK and beyond. Church Unlimited West Auckland is the Data Controller as relates to all information collected via the websites, but the local Church Unlimited campuses are also Data Controllers where personal information is collected at these locations or via their social media, or web pages.
If you provide personal data directly to the Local church or through involvement at the local church, or to staff or volunteers, the local church is Data Controller responsible to comply with its legal obligations under GDPR. Where consented or permitted, this personal data is shared with Church Unlimited West Auckland ( also responsible for New Zealand and Beyond or UK and Beyond). Both are responsible for how your data is processed.
To change your data or request removal we recommend you first contact your local church if they are your primary point of contact, otherwise Church Unlimited West Auckland firstname.lastname@example.org
(Current as at 25th May 2018)